- What is Web Mail Single Sign-On?
- Where can I find help and info for Web Mail?
- How do I import contacts into my Web Mail Address Book?
- What are spam Controls?
- What is Known spam Blocking?
- What is SpamBlocker with Suspect Email Blocking?
- How do I add SpamBlocker to my account?
- How do I remove SpamBlocker?
- How do I select my level of spam protection?
- Where can I find help and information for SpamBlocker?
- What is Virus Protection?
- What is the Email Inactivity Policy?
- How does the Email Inactivity Policy work?
- What happens once a mailbox has been inactivated?
- How do I ensure email is delivered to my PeoplePC email address?
- I will not be accessing my email for more than ninety days and do not want my mailbox to become inactive. Is there anything I can do?
- I forward email from this mailbox to another. Will my mailbox go inactive?
- If my mailbox is inactivated, how do I re-activate it?
- Can emails that were sent to my inactive mailbox be recovered?
- After my PeoplePC email box is inactivated, is there a time limit for when it can be reactivated?
- What is Email Plus?
- I would like to increase the storage space on my current mailbox but I don’t need the extra email addresses. How do I do this?
- If I use POP3 account for email (eg Outlook Express), can I still get Email Plus?
- Will Email Plus affect my current email settings?
- What happens if I already have SpamBlocker?
- How do I set up my additional email addresses?
- Is the extra storage just for my new mailboxes or all of my mailboxes?
- Where can I see my extra storage?
- Can I have all of my extra storage for one mailbox instead of spread out over all of them?
- I already have Email Plus with 2 additional email addresses and 200 MB storage, can I upgrade?
- I already have Email Plus with 4 email addresses and 400 MB storage, can I downgrade?
- How do I remove Email Plus?
- What happens to my email address when I downgrade or remove Email Plus?
- What happens to my remaining mailboxes when I downgrade or remove Email Plus?
Web Mail single sign-on means that you are automatically signed in to Web Mail if you've already signed in to another PeoplePC Web page (like the homepage).
If you'd like to change change whether single sign-on is on or off, visit the Email Viewing Options page.
For detailed help and information on Web Mail, sign in to Web Mail (webmail.peoplepc.com) and click on the Help link.
For detailed instructions on importing contacts, visit Importing Contacts to Web Mail.
Basic spam Controls find and remove any email messages that are known to be spam.
You can enhance your spam protection by upgrading to SpamBlocker, which includes all the features of basic spam Controls plus a feature called Suspect Email Blocking, which blocks virtually 100% of spam.
Known spam Blocking keeps spam from your Inbox by blocking email messages that are known to be spam.
SpamBlocker is PeoplePC's highest level of spam protection, and includes Suspect Email Blocking.
With Suspect Email Blocking, only email from senders who are in your Web Mail Address Book will reach your Inbox.
All other email will be moved to either the Known spam folder or the Suspect Email folder, where you can decide whether you want to see them.
You must upgrade your membership to include SpamBlocker to have the highest level of spam protection.
Sign in to My Account (myaccount.peoplepc.com), then click the My Plan Details link.
From the Other Available Services section, click Order Now next to SpamBlocker.
To remove SpamBlocker from your account, give us a call at: 1-866-595-4870
Note: Removing SpamBlocker removes Suspect Email Blocking and increases your vulnerability to spam.
You can change your level of spam protection (or turn spam protection off altogether) on the spam protection Settings page:
- Sign in to Web Mail (webmail.peoplepc.com) and click the Edit link next to SpamBlocker on the left side of the page.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Choose the level of protection you want, then click Save Changes.
Sign in to Web Mail (webmail.peoplepc.com) and click the Help link, then choose SpamBlocker from the help system.
Virus Protection scans your incoming email for viruses, keeping them out of your Inbox.
To turn Virus Protection on or off:
- Sign in to Web Mail (webmail.peoplepc.com), then click the Preferences link on the left of the page.
- Click the Virus Blocker link, then click the appropriate button to turn it on or off.
On December 13, 2005 PeoplePC introduced the Email Inactivity Policy.. The Email Inactivity Policy, which affects all PeoplePC members, was set in place to prevent inactive mailboxes from reaching their maximum storage capacity.
If you do not use your PeoplePC email for ninety days, your mailbox will no longer accept new email until the next time you access your PeoplePC email. All new email will automatically be returned to the sender.
You will receive an email message from PeoplePC explaining that your mailbox has been moved to an inactive status. New email messages will be blocked from delivery until the next time access your PeoplePC email. An auto-reply email will be sent to any email address attempting to send email to you. This message will state: Due to extended inactivity new mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox.
In order to avoid inactive status, you must access your PeoplePC email at least once every 90 days. In order to avoid inactive status, you must access your PeoplePC email at least once every 90 days. You can access PeoplePC email using an Outlook Express or PeoplePC Web mail.
Setting up a vacation or away message will keep your mailbox from becoming inactive. You can set up a vacation message using PeoplePC Web mail.
No. Mail forwarding is actively using the mailbox. You can set-up mail forwarding using PeoplePC Web mail.
Simply log into Web Mail or check your PeoplePC email using Outlook Express.
No. Email sent to your mailbox during your inactive status cannot be recovered.
PeoplePC members can re-activate their email account at any time.
Email Plus is a premium email service that allows you to expand your mailbox capacity with additional email addresses and storage. You can choose: - 2 additional email addresses and 200 MB total storage per mailbox - 4 additional email addresses and 400 MB total storage per mailbox. This product also includes Ad-free Web Mail.
You can increase your storage space to 200 MB or 400 MB and you will automatically get additional email addresses. These email addresses are available for you to set up and use at any time but you can continue to use just your primary email address.
If you use a POP3 account for email, (e.g.Outlook Express), you can still get Email Plus. Your Email Plus will include additional email addresses and storage. Please note that additional storage only applies to PeoplePC Web Mail. Storage space for POP3 accounts are determined by the storage space available on your computer.
Your current email settings will not change when you get Email Plus. Your additional email addresses will have default settings unless/until you update them
If you already have SpamBlocker, your SpamBlocker settings will not change. Your additional email addresses will have the default SpamBlocker setting of Medium. You will need to login to your Web Mail with your new email address and change the SpamBlocker setting to High.
You can add new email addresses at any time by visiting the Email Settings page in My Account. Once they’ve been added, you will need to login to the mailbox to change the settings.
The extra storage applies for all your PeoplePC mailboxes, not just your additional mailboxes.
You can view the extra storage for each mailbox through Web Mail.
At the moment, 400 MB is the most storage you can have for any one mailbox.
Yes, you can upgrade and get 2 more email addresses and 400 MB of storage for all your mailboxes.
Yes, you can downgrade your Email Plus through your Essential Extras under My Account. You will need to remove 2 of your email addresses before you can downgrade. Once you confirm the downgrade, you will lose 200 MB of storage for each mailbox.
You can remove Email Plus through your Essential Extras page under My Account. You will need to remove all your additional email addresses before you can remove Email Plus. Once you confirm that you do not want Email Plus, you will only have 100 MB of storage for each mailbox.
You need to remove your additional email addresses before you can downgrade or remove Email Plus. Once you choose to remove an email address, it goes into effect immediately. If you use Web Mail, this means you will no longer be able to access the mailbox(es) you removed, and you will lose the information (emails, contacts, preferences) stored in that mailbox. If you use a POP3 account (eg Outlook Express), your stored information will not be affected but you will no longer be able to send or receive emails to this email address.
Your remaining mailboxes will have reduced storage as of the next billing date for your account. If your mailbox(es) exceed the reduced storage limit at this time, you will not be able to send or receive emails until you reduce the size of your mailbox(es). The easiest way to reduce mailbox size is to delete some of the emails stored in the mailbox. You can check the size of your mailbox(es) through the Web Mail gauge.